Verruca Treatments

Faulkner Method (Needling)

Here at Gosforth Physio we are proud to be one of Newcastle’s most popular destinations for verrucae treatment, providing the highly effective Faulkner Method.

What is the Faulkner Method (Needling)?

This is a minor procedure in which a very fine needle is used to puncture your verruca repeatedly to break down the tissue and re-introduce the virus into the blood stream. The common problem with treating verrucae with conventional treatments are that your body does not develop its own immunity to the virus, which is why they often return or spread around your feet and hands. This highly skilled technique is undertaken by our degree qualified and HCPC registered podiatrist.


How often do I need to get this done?

In contrast to many traditional verrucae treatments such as cryotherapy or silver nitrate, this treatment option should only ever need to be done once. We have a success rate of 80% of verrucae’s being fully resolved after 6 months, and of the remaining 20% found a significant reduction in size and pain. 

Is this painful?

This treatment method is done under local anaesthetic, where we numb a small area of your skin or the entire foot. This anaesthetic will only last for a few hours and minimal pain should be experienced the following day. A fully protective dressing will be placed over the verrucae and the area will be offloaded with padding so that you should not feel discomfort when walking. Regular activities can be resumed within 48hours, depending on the area and size of your verrucae.

Is needling the only treatment option?

We always suggest that you discuss treatment options with your podiatrist. There are multiple other treatment options such as cryotherapy or silver nitrate which are still beneficial if needling is not appropriate for you due to medical reasons.

Verruca Treatments.jpg
Verruca Review.png